Another Adoption Update

It’s been over a month since I last updated on where we are with our adoption aside from when The Six became legally free a couple weeks ago. So here is where we are now.

They have the legal documents they need to proceed. We have reviewed and signed the HSEGHs. We have talked to the adoption subsidy paperwork accepted the terms (there is no negotiation… you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit… and what you get is known before you even fill out the paperwork). All the ECI evals are in. E and M still need CANS assessments I think, but there’s a chance we can have them done after they move to our house. We are also waiting on the redacted files. Not sure how long those will take, particularly with things pretty much shut down right now. Our updated home study and everything has been turned in by our agency and our lawyer has filed the petition to adopt.

And that’s pretty much it as far as I know. I’m hopeful we’ll have E and M living with us by the end of the month (the caseworker is hoping that will be the case). Right now we just see them about once a week on Skype. We all miss them, especially A. Our case manager said she wouldn’t be surprised if we are able to adopt The Six before E and M have been in our home six months. We had them overnight for the first time just before Christmas so we can claim a significant relationship starting then. If a judge feels it’s in the best interest of the child they can waive the six months. So we might be their real parents sooner than we expected. That would be fabulous and would make us all very happy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s